The SozialMarie – Prize for Social Innovation is announced for the 16th time: We are looking for tried and tested, implemented, effective social innovations from all sectors in Central Eastern Europe.
The SozialMarie will be awarded to the best 15 social innovations on 1 May 2020 in Vienna. The first three main prizes will be endowed with 15,000 euros, 10,000 euros and 5,000 euros, with a further twelve prizes of 2,000 euros each.
Projects from all over Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and from this year on from all over Croatia are invited. Projects from Slovenia may not be located further than 300 km from Vienna.
Do you run a project that takes up current social challenges and applies innovative social solutions? Then submit it!
WHICH projects are invited to tender?
- Projects from private individuals, commercial companies, from the social economy (civil society initiatives, NGOs, NPOs, associations) and from the public administration.
- Projects from all over Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Croatia.
- For Slovenia, Poland and Germany the following applies: The implementation of the submitted projects must not be located more than 300 km as the crow flies from Vienna.
WHAT do submitted projects have to fulfil?
- Project submissions must comply with the terms and conditions.
- Projects should be sufficiently implemented and still running at the time of submission. Completed projects and projects in the idea stage are not accepted.
- The innovation of the projects meets our criteria for social innovation.
- Several projects can be submitted independently and using a separate submission form.
- Projects that have already been submitted can participate again in the call, provided they are not projects that have already received an award.
HOW do I submit?
- Submission is made online at www.sozialmarie.org using the submission form.
- The completed submission form must be submitted online by 23:55 on Tuesday, 21 January 2020.
- The entire submission form will be completed in two languages: in the national language of the submission area AND separately in English. Exception: For Slovenia, Germany and Poland the English version is sufficient.
- The submission form can only be submitted if all mandatory fields have been completed. The successful submission will be confirmed by e-mail.
We are just renewing our visual appearance and communication. For this reason we have archived our large online database of all project submissions of the last 15 years internally. We focus on the prizewinning projects and nominations, so only these are publicly visible in the database. Submitted projects do not get their own public project profile on our website.
- SozialMarie Criteria for Social Innovation
- Selection process
- FAQ about the technical and formal procedure of submission
- Expert Jury
- About the prize
- Contact to our office and our country coordinators