For the 15th time the call for SozialMarie – Prize for Social Innovation has begun: We are looking for excellent projects from all sectors that design and implement socially innovative solutions to societal problems. Innovations from Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia and Slovenia are welcome to apply. On May 1st, 2019 at the award ceremony in Vienna 15 projects will be awarded the SozialMarie in front of the general public: The first thre prizes are endowed with 15,000 euro, 10,000 euro and 5000 euro, another twelve prizes with 2,000 euro each. You will find more information on the Prize SozialMarie here.
"Social innovation drafts solutions to pressing social challenges. It provides room for new approaches, gives innovative answers and lays news paths. Social innovation either reacts to a new social question or it solves a known problem by a new practice. Action can be taken by the affected social group itself, it must in any case be appropriated and co-implemented by those concerned. In this manner, social innovation creates sustainable, exemplary solutions that inspire others."
Are you implementing a socially innovative project which addresses present-day social challenges, conflicts and problems? If yes, then do submit!
Here you will find more details and important information about the submission, Terms and Conditions, Selection Process and online application form. Consult our FAQ for details about the technical procedure of the application.
WHO is invited to submit?
- People who run projects that deal with current social problems and challenges
- Applications from individuals, commercial firms, the social economy (civil society initiatives, NGOs, NPOs, associations) and public administration are eligible.
- Participation is open to projects throughout the whole of Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and the whole of Slovakia.
- The following applies for Croatia, Slovenia, Poland and Germany: the implementation of submitted projects from these countries may not be further than 300 km away from Vienna as the crow flies.
WHAT conditions must the project fulfil?
- The project must comply with SozialMarie’s Terms and Conditions.
- The projects must be proven in use and must have a future before them. At the time of submission, they must already have been sufficiently implemented and they must still be running. Neither completed projects nor projects in the planning stage will be accepted.
- The submitted project must be a socially innovative project in compliance with SozialMarie’s Criteria for Social Innovation.
- Submission of more than one project is permitted. Such projects must, however, be independent of one another and must be submitted on separate forms. Projects submitted in the past can be submitted again provided they have not been awarded a prize.
HOW does one submit?
- Applications must be submitted online on our website.
- The application form must be completed and submitted online before 23:55 on January 22nd, 2019.
- Submission is completed in two languages: The entire submission form including all PDF attachments must be completed and uploaded in the participant’s respective national language AND separately in English. Machine translations are not recognised. Exception: The English version suffices for Croatia, Slovenia, Poland and Germany.
- For information on the technical procedure of the online application consult our FAQ.
- The application can only be submitted if all mandatory information is provided and if the maximum length for each answer is not exceeded. Successful submission is automatically confirmed via e-mail.
A profile of every submitted project will be published on SozialMarie’s database.
If you encounter technical problems, please contact our office.
Every submitted project gets its own project profile on SozialMarie’s database.