Terms and Conditions
1. The project submitted for SozialMarie is a socially innovative project. At the time of submission, this project must already have been sufficiently implemented and, at the same time, still be in progress. Completed projects and projects in the concept stage are not accepted.
2. Participation is open to projects throughout the whole of Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Croatia and the whole of Slovakia. The following applies for Slovenia, Poland and Germany: the implementation of submitted projects from these countries may not be further than 300 km away from Vienna as the crow flies.
3. Submission is done on our website (www.sozialmarie.org).
4. The completed submission form must be handed in by the end of the submission deadline, latest at 23:55.
5. Submission of several projects is possible. However, the projects must be submitted independently of one another, each with a separate submission form. Projects from previous years can be submitted again, as long as they have not previously won an award.
6. Submission is completed in two languages: The entire submission form must be completed and uploaded in the participant’s respective national language AND separately in English. Exception: The English version suffices for Slovenia, Poland and Germany.
7. Additional documents sent by post will not be returned to the sender.
8. Participants in this tender consent to the publication of the fields, photos, videos and attachments marked in the submission form on the website www.sozialmarie.org, as well as in publications, press documents, presentations and online platforms of SozialMarie. Regarding these publications the submitter guarantees that these are free of rights of third parties and the submitter shall indemnify and hold Unruhe Private Foundation harmless in case of copyright laws, ancillary copyright or other third-party rights.
9. If your submission contains data, photos or videos of children and adolescents, you, as the submitter, are responsible for ensuring that the consent of the parent or guardian has been given for the use of the child's data.
10. Participants in this tender agree to being contacted by Unruhe Privatstiftung and its processors in the course of the evaluation before and after the invitation to tender.
11. The submitted data, documents, photos and video material will be archived at Unruhe Privatstiftung and may be forwarded to the media or for scientific evaluation.
12. Personal data from submissions are stored indefinitely for statistical and historical purposes by Unruhe Privatstiftung. Your data protection rights as the data subject according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) remain unaffected.
13. SozialMarie’s expert jury makes decisions by consensus based on SozialMarie's Criteria for Social Innovation. The decisions are not contestable and are made under exclusion of legal recourse. The award-winning projects are announced annually on the 1st of May at a public award ceremony in Vienna.